Saturday, April 19, 2014

Queen Bees, Triptychs, and More


Happy Saturday everyone! After last week, I was still feeling a bit Regal, so we have some lovely new goodies in the shop including Shelf Shrine Triptychs, an Art Queen Shrine Kit, a Queen Bee Ornament, and lots of awesome Cut-Outs. Oh, and fittingly, the lovely Gilded Life Pendants and Bezels are in the shop!


Art Time!
 
I hope you are all having a blast with our Regal Chipboard Crowns from last week! I know I'm still admiring mine. I also discovered that they would "fit" my little miniature pinscher, Zeus. A photo shoot may be in order one of these days!
I absolutely LOVED working with our new Queen Bee Ornament. I have a few photos and tips to share below. And keep in mind, the techniques can be used with any of our Cameo Frame Ornaments.
Are you the Queen Bee of your hive? Of course you are!



I loved working with this color palette. A bit different for me, but the first thing that came to mind when thinking about bees, was black and gold.


I started by painting my frame, bee, and back with black acrylic paint. The black went on quickly and smoothly and only required on coat. I should use black more often!


After the paint was dry, I selected my paper for the inside of the frame. There were SO many of the Land of Enchantment Collage Sheets that would have looked great, so it was a tough choice. Using a Micron pen, I doodled around the frame. My doodle also served as my cutting lines. I simply cut the oval a bit larger and then glued it to the frame after I completed my embossing (see below).


I wanted a distressed/gilded look to my frame and bee. I coated both pieces using my Embossing Dabber, and then simply sprinkled on some Gold UTEE. I purposely added more on the crown area. Finally, I heated with my heat gun and then glued the pieces together.


I was lucky enough to have some stunning amber vintage rhinestone chain in my bling treasure box!


I love discovering forgotten items in my bling box! The amber stones were just the thing to finish off my piece. You could also use our Gold Faux Rhinestone Mesh in place of it.



I really want to play with our Art Queen Shrine Kit next! I can already see the crown covered in crystals. Perhaps some Dresden around the box. And that perfect word in the center of the crown!


More UTEE Fun By Linda Cain!

Design Team Member Linda Cain has been playing with UTEE too. For more instructions and a complete supply list, check out Linda's Blog post HERE.
I love her soldered look without the solder!


Inspiration By Diana Darden!

Last week I shared a Stand Up Steampunk Cameo Man by Diana Darden! Well, this week we have his Lady! What a Steamy couple they are! Thank you Diana!



And in honor of Easter, here are some stunning Ornate Eggs by Diana Darden! I love the jewel tones she used. Perfect.



Inspiration By Marie Garot!

This lovely Bird Cage Doll is by the talented Marie Garot! She also used our 25mm Clear Cabochons, Angel Wing Cut Outs, Santos Doll Head Paper Cuts, Classic Brass Crowns, and Gold Embossing Powder. The entire piece is amazing, but my favorite part would have to be the fibers. For me, it mimics the look of "feathers" and I love the texture they add! Beautiful Marie!


Inspiration By Linda O'Connor!

Linda O'Connor is at it again with another amazing Santos Cage Doll. This is Saint Barbara, and she is exquisite. I adore the antique spray nozzle she added to her skirt. You can read more about Barbara HERE on Linda's Blog. Linda's blog is awesome, so check out her other posts as well!




Thank you so much for sharing Linda O'Connor! She's wonderful.



I wish you all a very Happy Easter!
xoxo Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!