Saturday, April 25, 2015

SIX New Mini Framed Shrine Kits + a Tutorial‏


Happy weekend everyone! We some fabulous new goodies in the shop! Of course my favorites are the new Mini Ornate Framed Shrine Kits! I've had this idea swirling around in my brain for some time, so I couldn't stop at just one. There are SIX new designs, two each of three different sizes! Each Shrine is surrounded by a lovely ornate frame, perfect for displaying your art and/or treasures. You'll want them all! So I've put them on sale for you!
You can check it out HERE.

Inspiration By Sandra Evertson!

 I hope you're enjoying the RELICS & ARTIFACTS line by Sandra Evertson as much as I am! I just can't get enough! So I used them again this week!




Art Time!

Of course I had to play with the new Mini Ornate Framed Shrine Kits. I was especially excited that Sandra's Milagro Relics fit PERFECTLY! I thought it would be fun to do a trio of Shrines. They ended up looking like cool little museum boxes! These are extremely easy to create, so this tutorial is short and sweet!

 Supplies Used Mini Framed Shrine Kits, Sandra Evertson's Relics & Artifacts Milagros, 3" Candle Stick, Silver Faux Rhinestone Ribbon, Mod Podge, E6000.)
 


I wanted to show you how cool Sandra's Relics can be, even left in their original state. They look like authentic antique doll parts inside the Shrines!


Starting with completed Shrines, I sprayed everything with gold spray paint. I painted them outside, placed within a cardboard box for easy peasy clean-up!


I picked out my favorite body parts from Sandra's Milagros Set.


I cut pieces of paper for the backs of my Shrines. I liked the red, which reminded me of red velvet lined boxes. If I had red velvet, I would have used it!


I attached my Milagro pieces using foam dots (for a bit of lift) and trimmed the edges of the frame with silver faux rhinestone ribbon. And that's it! I kept this project pretty simple to highlight the beauty of the Milagros!


I may have to make three more!


Here's another fun project from last week.


And If you prefer even more bling, this tutorial is great too!


Inspiration By Cat Kerr!

A lovely Queen by Design Team Member Cat Kerr! I just love the bits of lace and tulle! Beautiful Cat!
Victorian Dollie Collage Sheet
http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_1690/Victorian-Dollie.htm
She Also Used Our Word Paper Cuts, Laurel Wreath Cut Outs, Paper Flowers





Inspiration By Tracy Delisle!

A stunning cross by Tracy Delisle. Absolutely beautiful finish Tracy
Large Exquisite Cross Kit Style 1:
http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_5216/Exquisite-Cross-Kit--Style-3.htm
She Also Used VerDay Paint Patina





Inspiration By Amy Nieman!
 
The most adorable little Dress Forms by Design Team Member Amy Nieman! She made them for a friend's wedding. They would make perfect magnets or pins. Fabulous idea Amy!
Dress Form Cut Outs:
http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_4870/Dress-Form-Cut-Outs--8-Pieces.htm
She Also Used Our Heart Skeleton Key Charms, White Half Pearl Trim, Paper Flowers




Inspiration By Brenda Harris!
 
Gorgeous jewelry pieces by Brenda Harris! The color really makes the Cameos Pop! So lovely Brenda!
Sandra Evertson's RELICS & ARTIFACTS Cameos Set: http://ow.ly/LCx39 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!