Friday, December 25, 2015

A Free Gift For All + Pet Trinkets‏


Happy weekend everyone! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas. As a little thank you, we have a gift for you too. Download this FREE Dusty Attic Digital Collage Sheet HERE.

We also have some great new goodies in the shop! I've had pets on my mind lately (read below), so I decided to design some little pet trinkets. And of course I dove right in and played with them! I hope you enjoy them too. Let's celebrate those dear pets of ours!




Art Time!

I would love to introduce you to our new sweet boy, Charlie. We adopted him from a pet shelter in New Castle Indiana. Due to their surgery schedule, we had to wait a month for him, which was very hard, but in the end so worth it. He finally came home this past Tuesday, and has been a perfect angel. Nothing but pure joy. He loves to play and is ridiculously smart. And he has the best, softest, most kissable ears! They just crack me up! He's been the best Christmas present ever! I'm sure you'll be seeing more of him!



After designing the Door Plate Frames last week, I knew I wanted to make a little Charlie keepsake. So the new Pet Trinket Cut-Outs were born!
(As you can see, Charlie is already making himself at home!)




This sweet ornament was super easy to make. First I painted and inked my door plate. Next I printed Charlie's photo and name on cardstock and attached them to the frame. I filled the bezels with Diamond Glaze, added some Sharpie accents, and tied on some ribbon. I was so delighted when I realized the Heart Skeleton Key was the perfect size. These little pet keepsakes would make awesome gifts! 




Inspiration By Amy Nieman!
  
A gorgeous little ornament by Design Team Member Amy Nieman! How sweet is the "nest" she created, with a mini deer and nutcracker tucked in. So adorable Amy!
Small Layered Christmas Ornaments: http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_6715/Small-Layered-Christmas-Ornaments--Set-of-4.htm (These would be awesome for Valentine's Day too!)
She Also Used Our Tiny White Deer, Brass Nutcraker, Glitter Candy Canes, and Collage Sheet SC17

Even though Christmas is over, these bases can be used for Valentine Ornaments too!




Inspiration Gerri Herbst!

 We love these sweet little tags by Design Team Member Gerri Herbst! Adding the little angels was a super idea! They will look so sweet tied to a package! So lovely Gerri!
Tiny Primitive Angel Cut Outs:
http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_5946/TINY-Primitive-Angel-Art-Doll-Cut-Outs-Set-of-6.htm
She Also Used Our Christmas Word Paper Cuts and Stickles




Inspiration By Lynn Stevens!

A super sweet heart ornament by Design Team Member Lynn Stevens! We love the expression on the little girl's face, and of course all the sparkle and bling! Just beautiful Lynn!
Christmas Sweeties II Collage Sheet:
http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_3331/Christmas-Sweeties-II-Collage-Sheet.htm
She Also Used Our Snowflake Cut-Outs and Silver Tinsel




Valentine Inspiration!

Our Brand New Escutcheon Plate Frames are so perfect for Valentine's Day! I loved making my little Charlie Valentine. These Heart Flower Spools are another favorite project of mine. I'm starting to feel the love! AND all Valentine's Day goodies are ON SALE! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I love Charlie! He is the sweetest dog ever. :) I grew up with a dog who looked a lot like him -- her name was Susi. Gotta love these dogs! :) Personally, I think you should create a blog just with Charlie's adventures and LOTS of photos. :)

    Hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!